Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
denikay23

call from social services

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

Out of the blue I had a visit from ss who had had a referral from an incident regarding the police.

This incident was in regard to my middle son whom is 21 and recently split from an 8 year hell relationship. The visit was because my son had moved back in with me and I have had no issues with him other than he has a mental health issue. SS are saying they are concerned for my younger son whom is 8 years old due to the previous behaviour of his brother whom has tried to commit suicide on 2 occasions. I am really shocked about this as I have never had any dealings with ss ever. They rang up school and spoke to the head teacher which I knew nothing about. SS stated they wanted to speak to my son at school and I told them they could however the head teacher was not aware of this so I kept him away from school for the day and e-mailed education welfare to explain my decision. I am not sure what their next move will be but need to be prepared. Please any advice will be fantastic.

Whilst I can appreciate why your older son poses a risk to your 8 year old, considering the reason why I cannot give the same advice as I would in the usual case where there is a risky adult, ie get away from him. Your older son needs help. I am not the best person to go to to find out how you can access that help. It is not my area of expertise. Presumably a society such as MENCAP can advise on whether or not your son can get independent/supported living away from the family home where you can visit him.