• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About brendan

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling

Recent Profile Visitors

908 profile views
  1. If you don't have a legal team that specialises in NAI then it will be very easy for the court to be persuaded by expert opinion, especially when experts agree. You can ask your solicitor to instruct a barrister who specialises in NAI. NAI cases are complex and require a great deal of medical knowledge to be able to properly represent a client. Some barristers only do NAI cases. Find a barrister who professes to have the required expertise.
  2. I hope you found good representation. Good luck at your hearing. I am sorry I was not able to respond earlier.
  3. The Cafcass guardian will make recommendations to the court in her final report and the Judge must provide reasons if they do not follow the guardian's recommendation. Other than be assessed as a potential carer there is little more you can do, however you could share your concerns with the guardian.
  4. If you speak to Gemma and tell her what has happened already eg. Are you getting reasonable contact, Have experts been instructed , if so which ones, what further medical tests been carried out, have your obstetric records been obtained, have your son's neonatal records been obtained etc. has there been full police disclosure, ie transcripts of your police interviews etc. she can tell you whether it is too late to change/your legal team are representing you to a very good standard or whether you are likely to be putting your family at risk not to change.
  5. I am sorry for my delay in replying to this post. What you describe is a classic non accodental injury case. Unimpeachable parents but a child with an immobile child that is not explained. It is common for large babies to fracture their clavicle during birth and a Vitamin D deficiency will no doubt affect the rate the child's bones heal. Experts tend to say rickets can cause bending rather than broken bones and is a radiological finding but there is insufficient evidence to support this as experiments are carried out on animals, not babies and comparitive data does not exist to make a bone scan informative. Therefore whether or not you win your case (and keep your child) will be down to your representation and the experts they instruct. I have a team of NAI specialists. They know the experts, the symptoms, the defences, the possible responsible conditions, the required tests etc. it is not simply a case of "come up with an event where your child suffered this injury or he will be removed from you" as less experienced solicitors might tell their clients. You need the best representation possible and you need a solicitor who specialises in baby fractures. I therefore urge you to contact my team without delay and speak to Gemma.
  6. You can get an injunction if the parents are arriving outside of contact times demanding to see the children or you can apply to vary the order and reduce contact for parents that are not turning up for contact on a regular basis.
  7. It is a penal notice. This means that you may be committed to prison, fined or given a community sentence if you fail to produce the child for contact and the parents apply for the Order to be enforced. You would have an opportunity to defend the enforcement of the order. If you have reason not to produce the child for contact, for example the parents are arriving drunk, violent etc then you must apply to the court to vary the Order rather than simply refuse contact.
  8. That's fantastic news. Well done. You are clearly a highly regarded "mum" and have the "professionals" on your side.
  9. Excellent. Well done.
  10. You can make an application for an SGO. Whether you will be successful will depend upon how 'adoptable' the children are and what your relationship with them is. If the children are highly adoptable then the LA is likely to come up with any reason to fail your assessment and thereby deem you unsuitable. If the children are likely to be difficult to place then you may well get the support of the LA and help making your application for an SGO.
  11. The first step is to ask the judge of the lower court if you can appeal their decision. If they refuse you permission to appeal then you apply for permission from the Court of Appeal.
  12. You need to make an application to become the child's special guardian. If you have no relationship with the child and the child is already placed for adoption then you have little chance of success. However, if the child has proved difficult to place and you are the only/best hope of the child achieving permenance then your application is well worth making. The Court can give you guidance on which form to use and how to complete it and whether you are entitled to fee exemption.
  13. It's not a beauty contest. They can only adopt if there is no "suitable" family available to care for the child. Whether there is a chance depends only on the suitability of your sister.
  14. i've requested a call for her.
  15. I'm sorry you have lost your children, especially if it is the result of a psychologist report which can often be trickery. Unfortunately though, it is too late for you to do anything about it. You need permission to oppose the adoption and a significant change in circumstances to get the permission. It is not enough to disagree with the psychologist. You will have had a final hearing when your legal team had the opportunity to question the psychologist.